Monday, October 22, 2007

Books, books, books

I'm a book hoarder. I love books, and I like to keep them forever and ever and ever. Lately, though, I've come to the realization that if I am serious about non-consumerism, I have to start letting some of my books out into the world so that they can be read and enjoyed by other people. So I sold a few of my books, but I hadn't gotten around to doing anything else until yesterday when I got an email from
a friend of mine who desperately needs books for her middle-schoolers.

I pulled about 30 books off my shelves to give away, and it felt so good. I am so glad that these books, most of which I've only read once, will perhaps be read and enjoyed by someone else.

1 comment:

Bart said...

It's hard to give up books, even when you know you'll probably not read them again. I feel for you. But it's awesome to know they'll be appreciated by others!