Friday, December 21, 2007

I Have 3,542 Things To Do Before Christmas

Ack! Ack! Ack! Are there really only four days left?

I hope you all have been better planners than I have been, because four days to Christmas, and I still haven't finished started making my damn presents.

This is not my fault. Okay it is. But in my defense, I have been doing OTHER things. Like making cookies for my boss's birthday. And making brownies for the company potluck. (Which, by the way, were AWESOME. At the last minute, I decided that adding ginger and cinnamon would make my boring brownie recipe infinitely more special. And you know what? I was RIGHT!)Also, I've been eating brownies and cookies. And watching the first season of "Heroes" all in one weekend. And now I would really LIKE to be busy making presents, but is it my FAULT that I've been totally and completely sucked into "The Omnivore's Dilemma," and can't stop reading it?!

In other news, remember my used book dilemma? Well, I finally decided to buy the used book, and then it arrived from Powells and apparently they sent me a new book for the used price! I don't really know how or why that happened, but I guess my cousin is just getting a new book. Ah well. I tried.

I also think that after four months of not buying anything new for myself, I'm going to have to cave and buy something. I've been putting it off, and putting it off, because I REALLY didn't want to, but I'm freezing cold (I know, I know, I live in LA, tell it to my feetcicles.) So I think I'm going to buy a cherry pit heating pad. I'm justifying it because at least the cherry pits are being put to use, where they might be thrown away? And also because if I didn't buy one, I might be compelled to turn on the heat which so far I've avoided doing.

In any case, I want to wish you all a wonderful holiday break. I'll be posting off and on for the next week, and please continue to comment on the January challenge here.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I loved the book OD. Besides opening my eyes to corn the chapter I enjoyed the most was about corporate organic. It made me some what depressed (although living in CA you can find a lot of organic food locally) but really opened my eyes to the fact that organic can mean so many different things.

Good luck getting your gifts made. I just finished wrapping presents.

Mouse said...

You can make the heating pad with a sock and some rice.

EcoGeoFemme said...

Buying a heating pad is probably better than turning on your heat.

I have one of those rice bags and it's wonderful.

ruchi said...

Hmmm. You're right. Maybe I'll try the rice sock heating pad and see how that goes.

The bean-mom said...

Arduous,

Just reading your list of things to do makes me tired!

I'm glad your baking is going so well. Good luck with all the last-minute madness, and happy holidays!