Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Easy Green #3

Chances are, if you're reading this blog, you spend a lot of time on the internet. And if you want to see what J Crew's winter collection looks like, you don't need a catalog to see it, because it's all available online. So why not reduce the catalogs you receive, save a few trees, and lessen the clutter in your house?

I had previously tried to get off of various catalogs, by emailing the companies directly, but locating the proper email address was oftentimes difficult, so I ended up only emailing a few companies and leaving it at that, until I found Catalog Choice. Catalog Choice makes it really easy to get out of all those annoying, often unsolicited, catalogs that come in the mail.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did this a while ago. Every time I got a catalog, I found the customer service number and called. Most are 24 hours and will take you off the list immediately. I found that I got really friendly service if I said that I was trying to reduce waste and would make all my purchases online/in store.

ScienceMama said...

Fantastic! Thanks for the recommendation, Arduous!

ScienceMama said...

I signed up and started canceling catalogs. Thank you so much!

EcoGeoFemme said...

good advice. Also, you can get out of lots of junk mail by calling the "opt out" number on credit solicitations. You only have to call once and it gets you out of any offer that relies on your credit,which is a large chunk of junk mail.