Monday, December 17, 2007

Arduous Can Bake, But She Cannot Ice

On, Friday, I made some chocolate gingerbread men to take with me to my friend's holiday cookie decorating party.

Of course, I didn't have a gingerbread man cookie cutter, nor could I buy one, so I had to cut them out using a paper template.



All things considered, I think they turned out pretty well.



I took them to the party, where I scored massive bonus points for making CHOCOLATE gingerbread men, and also for making them without the use of a cookie cutter.

And then I tried to decorate them. And let's just say, I'm not giving Martha a run for her money any time soon.

This was my first attempt.



It wouldn't be so bad ... you know, if I were FIVE.

This is punk man. I made him when I got tired of trying to use the icing.



Uh oh. I guess this gingerbread man suffered some red eye when I took his picture.



A Family of Freaks.



Luckily for me, freakish gingerbread men taste just as good as the non-freakish variety. Unlucky for the poor gingerbread men. They're all gone now.

8 comments:

Sam said...

Kudos to you for having the patience to cut the men out. They look so yummy!

Jennie said...

Yes, many kudos for your patience. I'm pretty sure I would have decided to make gingerbread circles and called them ornaments instead.

hgg said...

they look(ed) great!

Mouse said...

Cookies without cutters? Insanity!

(I would have fashioned one from a coat hanger)

EcoGeoFemme said...

Those are extremely funny. :)

Good work for making them without a cutter. And for channelling your inner 5-year-old! j/k

Chile said...

LOL. I'm lazy enough I wouldn't have even bothered with icing...

ruchi said...

Mouse-

Fashioning a cookie cutter from a coat hanger? Awesome! But I don't think I would have been able to get it into the right shape.

Chile-

There's no way I would have iced them had I not been at a cookie decorating party, because I too am lazy. But since I was there....

Rechelle said...

Now those are my kind of gingerbread freaks.