Things I Have Done:
- Given notice at work.
- Given notice at my apartment.
- Sent in my visa application.
- Received my visa.
- Sent in my student aid paperwork.
- Had my Stafford loan certified, whatever that means.
- Taken torn clothes to be repaired.
- Picked up repaired clothes.
- Purchased books from my "non-required" reading list.
- Taken car in because the check engine light went on (of course, and of course it was nothing.)
- Taken computer in to be fixed. (The battery pack kept falling out because this one teensy plastic circle broke, and as a result, the whole bottom casing of my laptop has to be replaced. You can bet Apple got an earful from me about the environmental impact or replacing the whole casing.)
- Listed my car for sale. And added pictures!
- Gotten computer fixed.
- Set a date for yard sale.
- Packed and packed and packed and packed. Thanks to my mom's prodding.
- Filled my mom's Camry with boxes. And bags. And other crap.
- Sent out invites for my going away party.
- Started advertising yard sale.
- Held yard sale. (Thanks Dorothy!)
- Taken leftover stuff to Goodwill
- Sold some furniture at ridiculously cheap prices.
- Bought Things That Shall Not Be Named at Nordstroms.
- Sorted through my clothes.
- Cleaned my apartment. Okay, okay, my mom cleaned it.
- Taken my clothes to the non-toxic drycleaners. (Mom again.)
- Mom picked up second suitcase
- Cancelled phone service (this one I actually did)
- Cancelled electric service (me on this one as well)
Things I Have Not Done:
- Stopped working.
- Washed my car.
- Sold my car.
- Sold my other furniture.
- Painted my apartment. Or hired painters.
- Figured out how to vote overseas.
- Filed my change of address.
- Received my financial aid paperwork back.
- Cancelled other services: Tivo, Netflix, gas, cable, cell phone.
- Finished packing
- Picked up my contacts from the optometrist.
Things I Am Doing Instead of Packing Now That My Mom Has Left:
- Going to book club (Tuesday night)
- Going to a hipsteriffic bar and getting drunk on rum and ginger beer (Wed night)
- Going to a bon voyage party thrown by alumni of my new university (Tonight)
- Getting a massage (Tomorrow afternoon)
Things I Am Not Doing:
- Sleeping. But I am eating thanks to my mom who made me lots of food before she left!!
Things That Have Fallen By The Wayside:
Things That Suck:
- Getting a notice for jury duty while I'm moving, but before I have any official paperwork turned in re: my move. Oh crap!! I still haven't called them. Damnit!!
- Having freaking tendonitis that makes it difficult to type!!!!
Things That Get Me Through The Day:
- My mom. I'm sad she went home though.