- Given notice at work.
- Given notice at my apartment.
- Sent in my visa application.
- Sent in my student aid paperwork.
- Taken torn clothes to be repaired.
- Purchased books from my "non-required" reading list.
- Taken car in because the check engine light went on (of course, and of course it was nothing.)
- Taken computer in to be fixed. (The battery pack kept falling out because this one teensy plastic circle broke, and as a result, the whole bottom casing of my laptop has to be replaced. You can bet Apple got an earful from me about the environmental impact or replacing the whole casing.)
- Set a date for yard sale.
Things I Have Not Done:
- Stopeed working.
- Received my visa.
- Picked up my clothes from the tailor.
- Washed my car.
- Listed my car for sale.
- Painted my apartment. Or hired painters.
- Cleaned my apartment.
- Sent out invites for my going away party.
- Started advertising yard sale.
- Taken my clothes to the the non-toxic drycleaners.
Things I Am Doing:
- Spending time with friends.
- Seeing Les Miz in concert at the Hollywood Bowl!
Things I Am Not Doing:
Things That Have Fallen By The Wayside:
- Eating proper food.
- Taking public transit to and from work.
Things That Have Not Fallen By The Wayside:
Things That Get Me Through The Day:
- My fantastic family.
- My fantastic friends.
- My fantastic co-workers.
- My fantastic City of Angels.
Things That Make Me Sad:
- Saying good-bye to the above.
Awwww, funny and yet touching. Your friends will miss you just as much as you will miss them. Leaving is hard, but you will have experiences that last a lifetime.
Now, go eat something! ;o)
Wow - you have accomplised a lot in just a few days! You will get it all done!!
oh! I love Les Miz!!!
You're much further (farther?) ahead than I am. I'm in a rat's nest (husband's term) procrastinating.
Oh, transitions are always so hard.
Good luck with everything. I love Les Miz, too.
Memories you're making ... priceless!
i'm digging your lists - that's something i would do. i think you need to take a deep breath, and cool out. it'll get done! let yourself enjoy the last days you have in l.a. and ask for help if you need it, so you don't get so overwhelmed. i'm sure your friends would be more than happy to help out... i was when my friend left for vancouver. i was happy to help him out, plus it meant i got to spend some time with him while doing it, so it was win win :)
Los Angeles is losing a peach. You are probably too young to remember the cheesy Journey song "City of the Angels" but I thought of it when I read your post. How sweet you are to speak fondly of LA! I am trying to green Orange County and not having much luck! Best of luck, JenK
You are making great lists. Does that count in one of the sections?
Good luck moving more from the 'not done' side to the 'done' side.
Moving is always hectic and stressful, but I think being with your friends is time well spent. Perhaps you can have them over to help or at least keep you company while you pack?
EBM, sigh. Yesterday I ate Cat Cookies for dinner. Does that count?
Bugs and Brooms, thanks, I hope so!!
GB, I do too and it was sooooo good.
Beany, I'm not so sure. I still have a TON of crap to do.
Bean-mom, thanks. The transitions ARE hard!
Bobbi, heh, true! :)
Kimberly, you are right and my friends are being awesome.
Jennifer, I LOVE LA. I know, it's weird but I do.
Chile, thanks. I'm working on it!
MH, yup, they're doing a great job helping me out!!
Was your resignation from work expected, or did it shock them? I managed to completely blindside everyone (except for a select few friends who were in the know) when I resigned from my last job. It was kinda fun actually.
Cath, it was surprising, yes, but I think given the uncertainty that the strike caused, it wasn't AS surprising as it might have been.
well you are one busy lady! hope it's all coming together for you!
Post a Comment