Monday, January 21, 2008

Walking The Talk

The apartment manager told me that the property company had basically blown him off when he proposed participating in the city's recycling program. They told him that there wasn't a space for the bins. But he thought that maybe if they knew some tenants wanted recycling bins, they might change their minds. So, I located a space in the building for the bins, and wrote up a little petition of sorts.



I put it on the door to the trash chute. Because ScienceMama isn't the only one who appreciates a little irony.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another brave endeavor... Good luck:)

Jennie said...

This is really cool.
When I was in high school my bf lived in a condo complex that didn't have recycling so we (I) made up fliers that told everyone we come by sunday mornings and pick up any recycling for the people that lived there. I don't remember if we ok'd it with the property management. I think he mom had us do that. I think we only lasted a few months-def. less than a year. At first I had a pick-up so we could put all the smelly recycling in the back and then we'd get around $20 for each sunday's worth of work. Then they stopped paying for paper recycling and I changed to a bronco, which was also big but it became more smelly. And we really didn't have a big interest so we quit. I guess you could say it was the market speaking or just some lazy high schoolers moving on.

Good luck with your endeavor.

ruchi said...

Thanks for the support. I admit that I'm a little scared to talk to the property manager. I'm pretty sure she's going to want to blow me off as well, so I'm going to have to make as convincing an argument as concisely as possible and hope she agrees.

erin said...

nicely done! we just got bins a little while ago