Monday, November 5, 2007

Winning Over Environmentally Friendly Consumers

Recently, Colin at No Impact Man has been discussing ways that businesses can win over environmentally conscious consumers.

In my opinion, a little effort can often go a long way. As I've mentioned, I tend to buy ready-packaged food because I work long hours and don't have much time to cook. This is an area I want to improve upon, but for now I've been mostly resigned to the fact that pre-packaged food means a lot of wasteful packaging, and usually, a lot of plastic containers.

Well, the other day, I just happened to throw in an Annie Chun's noodle bowl into my shopping cart. When I went to make the noodle bowl, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Annie Chun's noodle bowls are not made of plastic, but mainly of cornstarch and that they are biodegradable.

Obviously, the ideal would be to not rely on pre-packaged foods, but at least I know now, that if I need to buy something pre-packaged, I now have a somewhat environmentally friendly option.

No comments: