Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh My God, You Guys

I just looked at the calendar and realized I have FIVE DAYS LEFT!!

FIVE DAYS!! FIVE DAYS UNTIL I CAN SHOP UNTIL I DROP!!!

Eeeeeeeee!!

Okay, okay, so I'm trying to get rid of stuff so I probably won't want MORE stuff to pack. And okay, I'm going into debt for school, so I won't want to you know, spend a ton of money. And fine, the exchange rate is so bad, that I won't end up buying anything new in London if I can help it. And yeah, most likely the only stuff I'll end up buying will be kind of boring necessary items like good walking shoes or one of those adaptor humdingies for my laptop. And FINE, you are right, my attitude about consumerism has drastically changed over the year, so I don't even WANT to buy that much anymore.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT PEOPLE?!?!

That the end of my year is kind of pointless and arbitrary because nothing will really change? That aside from buying a couple new things now and again, I'll mostly continue to buy less and buy used?

God. You people are such buzz kills.

Five days!

11 comments:

Sam said...

You did it! Hooray!

Have you been inundated with book deals yet?

I suggest purchasing colorful undies to replace your holey ones. Don't get ones with sparkles though (yes I am an idiot for buying them, but bright shiny - who can resist?)

ruchi said...

Heh, no book deals. Helloooo, publishing companies! I'm here and AWESOME! ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats! Watch out Mall, here she comes!

Farmer's Daughter said...

It's kind of like at the end of "Plenty." When they pretty much like the new way better.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! London high-end purse shops are waiting for you :)

You, like the new non-consuming life after a year of trying out; my brother in law on the other hand, concluded after a year of spending non-stop (including a 47 foot motor boat), he seriously NEEDS his own plane. I am not joking.

Same year, different conclusions. You won.

Robj98168 said...

If you are going through withdrawls, let me enable you!
Sending my superpowerful esp message to you" YOU WILL BUY ROB A BRAND NEW VESPA GRAN TURISMO 200- HE DESERVES IT AND YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO BUY IT FOR HIM

That should end your withdrawls!

ruchi said...

Thanks Bobbi. But not quite yet! I have five more days left....!

Abbie, haven't read the book, but pretty much that spirit, yes. :)

Cindy. Hah. Yes, first thing I do is buy a Birkin bag. For SURE.

Rob, dude I LOVE Vespas! But I'm sorry, I don't think I can afford one for you or me.

Anonymous said...

You are going to go totally insane and buy one of those singing bass on a board for your posh London apartment, aren't you?

ruchi said...

Ahahahaha! Totally.

Green Bean said...

Hey, at least you can buy new underwear now!

And I totally love how modest you are on the book deal thing. But seriously publishers, she's really entertaining!

ruchi said...

I know, right? That's me, modesty is my middle name. Which makes my name Arduous Modesty. Has a nice ring to it, huh?