Friday, October 9, 2009

A Moment of Hope

It seems like so much of the news these days is scary, bad, and depressing. Health care doesn't seem to be moving forward much. There are grave doubts about our ability to get a global deal at Copenhagen. Sometimes, I feel the whole weight of the world, and I want to throw up my hands in the air, and say, "What's the point?"

And then, I see a little something that reaffirms my faith in humanity. That makes me realize the capacity of people to do good in the world. That prods me to work harder and reach for more. Because if a boy with no resources and barely any education can build a fricking WINDMILL in his village? Then surely we all can achieve so much more.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
William Kamkwamba
http://www.thedailyshow.com/
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorRon Paul Interview

3 comments:

mary said...

Ruchi-
Thanks for posting this inspiring video!

Oldnovice said...

Absolutely!

He's one of those folks who can "build a shopping mall from a q-tip and a few things laying around the house"! We WISH we had the handy genes.

"Where was Google all this time?" HA!

Lisa said...

Awesome! I also love that he taught himself cause I was unschooled.