Friday, November 7, 2008

Thankful for...


Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a wee bit vain about my looks. And one of the things I've always prided myself on is my skin... that is until a few months ago when I used Body Shop's terrible plastic fish-killer face wash and ruined my skin. (Ok, not maybe AS tragic as the plankton that were indubitably killed, but tragic, nonetheless.) 

I found a new face wash, and the problem got better, but the breakouts never went away. One day, I had had it. So when I found this blemish stick with tea tree oil at my crunchy store, I decided to give it a go. 

And I have to say, it worked a miracle on my face. Who knew the magic of tea tree oil?

So, yeah, I know it's a little silly, but, hey it's Friday. So today, I'm thankful for my tea tree oil blemish stick. If you are susceptible to breakouts but want to use something natural on your skin, I highly recommend it.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

That didn't work for me when I tried it years ago :( But, maybe I should try it again. Everyone else has such good results. How often do you use it? Once a day? Twice? I'm wondering if I just didn't use it correctly.

Anonymous said...

This stuff is wonderful - I buy it in bulk and use it on blemishes as well as insect bites.

Anonymous said...

i've never tried this, but i have a bottle of pure tea tree oil that i use for blemishes sometimes. it works well, but i have really trouble skin, so it doesn't get rid of them completely for me... i just notice that it takes down the swelling and redness a bit. maybe i'm not using it enough? dunno...

Linda Jane said...

I have read that tea tree oil is good for a lot of things. Doesn't it have antiseptic qualities? I found your blog from reading No Impact Man - I have been trying to read as much as I can and reduce and simplify one step at a time. And I was wondering about your Armchair Activist Challenge...

Chile said...

Unfortunately, tea tree oil is not without its environmental impacts. People seeking to produce it more locally plant the Melaleuca tree in their region. It is a highly invasive species that then takes over ousting native plants...

Just another report from your cynical friend

ruchi said...

Stephanie, the box says to use it five times a day. I basically used it five times a day until the breakouts subsided and then twice a day as a preventitive measure.

Michelle, yeah I haven't tried it on insect bites. I bet it works well at reducing them, but I imagine it would hurt if you were given to scratching them like I am!!

Kimberly, I guess there are a lot of factors involved. I did find I had to apply fairly regularly to see big results though.

Linda Jane, the Armchair Activist challenge was to challenge people to make climate change a right, left, and center issue. Let's keep putting pressure on the government to deal with climate change!

Chile, thanks for the information, and for calling that to our attention. I still think though, that tea tree oil is better than the alternative zit cream made of all kinds of chemical nastiness.

Spot-On said...

Love Dessert Essence They also do a face wash that's really good too!