Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Prayer




Wednesday, March 19th marks the 5th anniversary of the Iraq War. Tonight I came home and took a shower by candle light. It was all I could think to do right now to commemorate the troops who have passed away and those that fight on.

I'd like to talk about how demand for oil is destroying the fabric of our country. I'd like to wax eloquent on the plight of the Iraqi people. But not now.

Because frankly, right now, all I can or want to do is to offer up my agnostic prayers for my friend's brother who had to return to Iraq mere weeks after the untimely death of his sister.

Stay safe, kiddo. Your momma needs you to come home all in one piece. Hell, we all need you to come home in one piece.

5 comments:

Mad Hatter said...

I'll be thinking good thoughts for your friend's brother.

Green Bean said...

Too sad. Safe vibes going his way.

Unknown said...

You know, all this makes me so angry. I wish more people were angry. As your friend's brother heads back in to the danger zone, we (at least we who do not benefit from the war) still have not figured out a good reason to send him back. Lately the people who sent the soldiers in harms and the country to economic and spiritual depression have the audacity to claim - this has been a success and a worthwhile sacrifice. I have to plug my ears, so I don't listen to this nonsense. Otherwise I get angry and frustrated because there is very little I personally can do to help the situation. Deep breath and wait for January 2009.

Mandy (ZenMonkeyMind) said...

That's so sad. It's all such a shame!!

The bean-mom said...

I am so sorry about your friend. I'll offer up my agnostic prayers for him, and for everyone there tonight.