Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Amazing News

Guys, guys, I have some amazing news that is so amazing that I forgot to blog about it for three weeks, and am finally getting on the ball now. But seriously, don't let my tardiness detract from the awesomeness that I will unveil in this post.

So, you know how you are always whining about how you wish that you could PAY for things that are FREE? Like air. I mean, I get air for free all the time, but wouldn't it be awesome if I could pay for it and get new, trendy air?

Yeah.

Well, I can't help you on the air front, but I can help you with something else:

Water.

That's right, a new company called Boxed Water is Better is now selling tap water. In a cardboard box.

See, now, there are lots of places where you can buy BOTTLED water, and that water is sometimes from the Alps or Fiji, but is also sometimes tap. But that water is BAD because you know, it's in plastic bottles and plastic is bad, and because sometimes it comes from Fiji and water from Fiji is bad.

But Boxed Water is Better is ... well, better. Because it comes in a BOX. I'm telling you, Fake Plastic Fish guzzles down thousands of these a day. And because their water is DEFINITELY tap which is better for the environment. Sure, it would be even better for the environment if you just drank your tap water from the, you know, tap (saving on energy costs, etc) but where's the fun in that?!

And also Boxed Water is Better has a beautiful minimalist website and they even talk a lot about the environment on it.

Really, how could you NOT love this product?

Now, some of you might say, "Ruchi, can't I just get tap water for free? Why should I pay someone to package tap water in a cardboard box?"

And to that I say, for shame. Is it really ALL about the money? Doesn't anyone care about STYLE? And by style I mean drinking out of boxes?

So, people who drink Boxed Water is Better, I salute you. You obviously Care About the Environment. Now, since you seem to enjoy just giving away your money for nothing, would you send me a twenty? Thank you.

9 comments:

Beth @ Fake Plastic Fish said...

Ruchi, Ruchi, you sel yourself short. People who can afford to pay for water in a box can shell out way more than $20 for you.

Also? I think there is a word for people who sell their boxes to other people for money. But that is really the kind of topic Crunchy Chicken likes to take on.

Ashley said...

Yay! No longer do I have to wait for water to fall down from the sky like some sort of precipitation! I wonder though, if these boxes can be shipped and whether or not I could get a discount or free shipping or even an oversized keychain if I buy in bulk. I don't think my local Save Mart would carry them.

Oh... thank you. Really. Life gave me a tension headache; I really needed a chuckle right about now.
:)

Chile said...

Man, that's even better than wine in a box!

Crunchy Chicken said...

I, personally, prefer square water over rectangular.

Beth - I don't think I can hold more than 5 ounces of water in my box. I'm not sure how much I can hold in my glass, however. In either case, these water cartons look to hold at least a quart, which is an improvement on what I can offer. Worth every penny!

knutty knitter said...

But its not April!!

:)

April boxes are just so much better :)

viv in nz

David Schwartz said...

Boxed water, oy.

However talking about tap water in California, is it really so bad that it's better to buy 5 gal bottles over getting out of the tap?

ddayporter said...

hahah just popped over from apw and this cracked me up. :)

ruchi said...

@ David, Personal opinion? I think the tap water in CA is just fine. I don't even feel the need for a Brita. But YMMV.

Vegetable Garden Cook said...

Isn't it ridiculous that I couldn't figure out if you were serious or not?